Fakebeelieve

Monday, December 28, 2009

2009 Year in Review

Well here we are, 2009 is finally over. I've sat here trying to write about the past year a few times, but I have nothing down. I want to let it all flow out the way I used to. Even if I don't publish this to the web, even if this review is just for me, I want to write it.
I will start with this, I've said it before, I love to laugh and I do it everyday. I am afraid that this Review could get depressing. I don't know how to avoid sounding whiny I suppose I just wont avoid it.

Maybe I should thank my parents, Ashley and Amanda, Arian, Dan, Matt, Erin, Krissy, Crystal, Abbey, Chris, Helen... but I think I will save that for another day.

I have had one hell of a year.

ok I just backspaced four paragraphs, lets try again

This year my husband left me for another woman and as a result I had to move. Soon after, I lost my job. I met a nice boy but his legal trouble added to my compounding pain. The engine in my Kia seized up making that loan difficult to pay. I was in the emergency room for the first time with a mysterious illness. My next car blew up in a freak car fire. Enjoyed managing a Halloween USA Retail Store, though it was only temporary. The death of Michael Jackson and my bearded dragon Irwin both occurred in 2009, just to add to the fun.

I have never been as low as I have been this year

but

then there is my daughter Delayna. The light of my life, my motivation and reason for continuing. She is wonderful, an amazingly compassionate and thoughtful person. She works hard in school and impresses me everyday with her knowledge and understanding. She never lets her visual impairment get in her way, she does it all. She isn't afraid to ask for help and she will tell you she can do it herself. She is always the best behaved child in any room and I receive many compliments on her kindness and vocabulary. The most beautiful, unspoiled little person; she knows we will to walk to the grocery, that she will have to carry a bag and she is happy to help. She is my friend and partner. I hid none of this from her, I let her see it all and she knows that I continued trying because she and I are in this together. We call our home 'the chicks palace'. When I finally got a car last week, she said we were 'two girls on the go'. She helped me study for my CNA exam, playing the role of the sickly patient. Delayna celebrated my triumphs and helped me laugh during my struggles. I don't know how to make you feel it as I do, it's all because of her and it's all for her and she deserves the best of everything. I am proud of my daughter and she is proud of me. No matter what this year tried to throw at me, I had that little face bouncing off the bus to look forward to.

Yes 2009 has been a difficult year but I still played with play-dough, walked my chihuahua and laughed with Delayna a little bit everyday.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home